Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Paying road tax made easy- No agent required



Below is the simple process to follow and pay the tax in minutes at PUNE Chinchwad RTO.
(There might be case where they say to bring NOC, just inform them that you want to fill only the tax as you have no intention of changing the number)
1. Documents required(original and photocopy)
-Registration book
-Insurance
-Invoice
-DL
-PUC
-NCRB report
-Local and Permanent Address proof(Rent Agreement/ Affidavit/ Company Letter)
-Transport receipt
- Filled FT and AT form(take chasis number marking on the form)
- An application on plain A4 paper

2. Take the documents and Application to room no. 7 where Dy. RTO sits. Ask him for his signature.(Time Taken 2 min)
3. Go to room no. 3 and ask the person sitting on counter for stamp and signature. (Time taken 2 min)
4. After the stamp,reach room no. 8 , ask for Mr. Bhaskar. He will go through your application and verify the documents with originals. (Time taken 5 min)
5. Go to room no.7 again and the Dy. RTO will sign the update mentioned by Mr. Bhaskar on your application.(Time taken 2 min.)
6. Come back to room no. 8 and again meet Mr. Bhaskar, He will then direct you to the person sitting on the right most counter. This person will calculate the tax.(Time taken 15-20 min)
7. Now go to room no. 9 counter 1(the one in front of door). wait there to pay the calculated tax. The queue may be long , but you will get your turn soon.The cashier will provide you with 2 slips(original and carbon copy)(Time taken 15-30 min)
8. Again be back in room no. 8 and give back your application and documents along with carbon copy of the tax receipt to Mr. Bhaskar.
9. Its done.:)(total time not even an hour)

Note- Always approach a person who is sitting at the opposite side of the counter, rest all are there to fool you and make money.

12 comments:

  1. Hello, I am in a similar situation and Have a 4+ yr old petrol hatch of KA registration. I want to know how mch road tax needs to be paid 7% or 9%, as RTO pune site says 7% and agents mention 9% ; Also I dont have NOC as dont want registration done. Importantly what is NCRB and how to get this document? plz elaborate on documents as to how to get them in first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid it in Dec 2012. As far as I rem that time it was 7% . In case you paying only road tax then no NOC required but in case you looking for change in RC number then you need NOC.
      NCRB- National Crime Records Bureau
      It is useful for the fact that your bike/RC Owner has no criminal Background in any State of India.
      Please use ncrb.gov.in/
      And please tell what all Documents are missing or you want.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, One last query, Getting NOC n changing number - Is it advisable? As selling the car in MH will again be an issue due to number change history under it. And without MH number it wont sell for sure :(
      Jst want to know the Pros and cons....

      Delete
  2. Hi, i have moved from ahmedabad to pune last year. I shifted my 4 wheeler car too with a NOC. Now since my NOC is no more valid, can I get my car re-registered here in Pune without the NOC? If not then what is the alternative. Also I have the insurance copy but the invoice of my car is misplaced while shifting. How to deal with this situation?

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have aa noterized rent agreement on my wife's name where my name is also mentioned is it valid for present address proof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how is the tax recipt look like....i was alo paid tax by a agent..but i was doubt with the recipt

    ReplyDelete
  5. how is the tax recipt look like....i was alo paid tax by a agent..but i was doubt with the recipt

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI

    I do not have invoice of my vehicle.
    Can someone help me, how would they be able to calculate TAX?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have bike on my name it is on my father name but rent agreement is on my name so can be it possible to pay the tax pls reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. What if I Dont have invoice? Is there any other way?

    ReplyDelete